- SICS Students Witness History
- Competition Heats Up among SABIS® U.S. Public Charter Schools
- ISM Students Give Back to the Community
- Ashwicke Hall Students Win Second Place in Football Tournament
- CSB Wins 3rd Place in Football Tournament for International Schools
- MAIA Marching Band Wins First Place at Two State Band Competitions
- MAIA Receives Mayerson Academy Grant
- CSB Student Wins 2016 European DNA Day Essay Contest
- CSB Students Win First and Second Place at the International Schools Talent Show
- ISM students participate in “A Vous La Parole” Annual French Speaking Contest
- SICS Student Wins 2016 Ultimate Prom Contest
- Young LPCS Students Discover Joy of Reading
- SIS-Phoenix Celebrates International Night
- The Cambridge School of Bucharest Celebrates Victory at La Voie Royal Semi-Marathon
- ISF STUDENTS WIN BIG AT 2015 GISST SWIMMING TOURNAMENT
- MAIA Receives FLY Grant
- ISF Celebrates Diwali
- ISF Celebrates 20th Anniversary with 6th Annual Run-A-Thon
- SICS HOLDS SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE FAIR
SIS-Phoenix Celebrates International Night
In celebration of International Night, students at the SABIS® International School (SIS-Phoenix) in Phoenix, Arizona, transformed their school into a global wonderland showcasing nine countries. On Thursday, January 14, 2016, every grade level in the school, from Kindergarten through Grade 8, represented a country and elaborately decorated their classrooms and hallways accordingly.
From Ireland to Nigeria, Botswana, Guatemala, Barbados, New Zealand, Canada, the Netherlands, and Brazil, the vibrant displays featured information about the country the class was representing and gave insight into its culture and lifestyle.
On the night of the event, students and their families were invited to visit each classroom and learn about diverse and rich cultures featured. Upon arrival, guests were issued “passports” that they would use to collect stamps after visiting each classroom and answering a question about the “country” they had visited. This created a real sense of excitement as the visitors traveled throughout the school building collecting stamps and experiencing the different classrooms and countries. “International Night was amazing! We traveled to different places without ever leaving the school,” said a Grade 7 SIS student. The night also featured performers, vendors, and food for all the guests to enjoy.
International Night is one of many events held at SIS-Phoenix that allows students to develop a better understanding of the world around them and build a real tolerance and understanding of the many cultures and people that share their planet.
For more information about SIS in Phoenix, visit sis.sabis.net.