- SICS Students Witness History
- Competition Heats Up among SABIS® U.S. Public Charter Schools
- ISM Students Give Back to the Community
- Ashwicke Hall Students Win Second Place in Football Tournament
- CSB Wins 3rd Place in Football Tournament for International Schools
- MAIA Marching Band Wins First Place at Two State Band Competitions
- MAIA Receives Mayerson Academy Grant
- CSB Student Wins 2016 European DNA Day Essay Contest
- CSB Students Win First and Second Place at the International Schools Talent Show
- ISM students participate in “A Vous La Parole” Annual French Speaking Contest
- SICS Student Wins 2016 Ultimate Prom Contest
- Young LPCS Students Discover Joy of Reading
- SIS-Phoenix Celebrates International Night
- The Cambridge School of Bucharest Celebrates Victory at La Voie Royal Semi-Marathon
- ISF STUDENTS WIN BIG AT 2015 GISST SWIMMING TOURNAMENT
- MAIA Receives FLY Grant
- ISF Celebrates Diwali
- ISF Celebrates 20th Anniversary with 6th Annual Run-A-Thon
- SICS HOLDS SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE FAIR
ISF STUDENTS WIN BIG AT 2015 GISST SWIMMING TOURNAMENT
On January 23 and 24, 2015, ISF Internationale Schule Frankfurt-Rhein-Main (ISF) hosted 8 schools’ swimming teams for the annual German International School Sports Tournament (GISST) swimming tournament. Thirty-five (35) girls and boys from ISF competed against 115 swimmers from across Germany and when the final race was done, ISF had earned 1st place.
Participants were divided into 4 teams of different age groups – Under 14 Girls, Under 14 Boys, Varsity Girls, and Varsity Boys. Swimmers on the Under 14 teams are in grades 6 to 9, while students on the varsity teams are in grades 9 to12. ISF Varsity Boys and Girls and Under 14 Boys and Girls teams ranked 1st in all events – Freestyle, Breaststroke, Individual Medley, and Medley Relay.
The ISF teams were comprised of students who perform well academically and who are also strong swimmers. The teams trained 3 times per week in preparation for the tournament and really gelled as a unit. “GISST this year was once again an amazing experience where the competition reached new heights, where my team became an even closer-knit group, and where I forged new friendships with fellow athletes,” said Luisa Von Bismarck – ISF 11th grader. She continued, “Although it is sometimes a struggle to balance swimming with school work, it is a challenge I enjoy and I know that I wouldn't be able to give up swimming, regardless of my school stress. For me, both things are a priority, and in the case where I begin to feel overwhelmed, the team and competitions like GISST make it clear to me once again how much I love to swim.”
The winning teams earned trophies, the best swimmers of each event received medals, and all participants received certificates and GISST patches. ISF students also earned 40 SLO® Points for their participation in the competition.
For more information about ISF, a member of the SABIS® Network, visit isf-sabis.net.