- ISC-Khalifa City Student is the Youngest U.A.E. Resident to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- ISC-Muscat Student Represents his School at Math Olympiad
- Fairy Tale Comes to Life at SIS-Adma
- ISC-Choueifat Students Perform Popular Musical “Annie”
- Alumni & Shadow Teachers® Save the Day
- Sardam International School Students Visit AUK
- ISC-Lahore Makes a Difference in its Community
- Students Dress Up as Their Favorite Book Character at ISC-Amman
- SABIS® School El-Metn Welcomes GBC-Education Delegation
- ISC-Dubai Celebrates Cultural Day
- ISC-Doha Student Earns Highest Mark in Qatar on IGCSE Exam
- Students Promote SABIS® On-Demand Tutoring at ISC-Erbil
- ISC-Abu Dhabi Student Wins Big at International Gymnastics Meet
- ISC-Lahore Launches SABIS® E-Books
- Kalar International School Students Learn Valuable First Aid Skills
- So You Think You Can Teach Event at Sardam International School
- Students Learn about Road Safety at Zakho International School
- Students at SABIS® Network Schools in Kurdistan Excel on Cambridge KET
- ISC-Choueifat Student Receives Perfect SAT I Score
- ISC-CHOUEIFAT STUDENTS PERFORM MARY POPPINS
Students Promote SABIS® On-Demand Tutoring at ISC-Erbil
In an effort to create awareness about SABIS® On-Demand Tutoring (ODT), the SABIS Student Life Organization®’s (SLO®) Academic Department at the International School of Choueifat – Erbil (ISC-Erbil) organized training sessions for students to become more acquainted with the on-line, academic support feature. Training sessions will be held for students from grades 3 to 11 and have already started with Grade 5 prefects mentoring Grade 3 students on ODT.
SABIS® On-Demand Tutoring is a set of online video tutorials “for students, by students,” that teach missed concepts or those which need reinforcement. Video explanations mirror the proven SABIS Point System® of instruction used in class and include clear explanations, concept application, and solutions to exercises. ODT can be accessed through SABIS® WebSchool, an online platform which provides students and parents easy access to information that supports the learning process.
The goal of the ODT training sessions is to familiarize students with SABIS® ODT so they can become more comfortable in using this feature at home. Through ODT, students are able to independently study and review concepts learned in school. Feedback on the ODT training sessions has been positive, with more students becoming interested in the feature and a higher number of users visiting the site.
The ODT project is one of the many ways that ISC-Erbil, like all schools in the SABIS® Network, empowers students with the knowledge and tools necessary to achieve their full potential.
For more information about SABIS® On-Demand Tutoring at ISC-Erbil, visit iscerbil.sabis.net.