- ISC-Choueifat Students Shine at Model Arab League in Washington D.C.
- ISC-Sulaimani Awarded Status of CIE Examination Center
- FMIS Students Recognized in Global Writing Competition
- ISC-Khalifa City Student is the Youngest U.A.E. Resident to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- ISC-Muscat Student Represents his School at Math Olympiad
- Fairy Tale Comes to Life at SIS-Adma
- ISC-Choueifat Students Perform Popular Musical “Annie”
- Alumni & Shadow Teachers® Save the Day
- Sardam International School Students Visit AUK
- ISC-Lahore Makes a Difference in its Community
- Students Dress Up as Their Favorite Book Character at ISC-Amman
- SABIS® School El-Metn Welcomes GBC-Education Delegation
- ISC-Dubai Celebrates Cultural Day
- ISC-Doha Student Earns Highest Mark in Qatar on IGCSE Exam
- Students Promote SABIS® On-Demand Tutoring at ISC-Erbil
- ISC-Abu Dhabi Student Wins Big at International Gymnastics Meet
- ISC-Lahore Launches SABIS® E-Books
- Kalar International School Students Learn Valuable First Aid Skills
- So You Think You Can Teach Event at Sardam International School
- Students Learn about Road Safety at Zakho International School
So You Think You Can Teach Event at Sardam International School
On December 12, 2015, Sardam International School organized an event entitled So You Think You Can Teach. Throughout the day, Shadow Teachers® in grades 4 through 9 stepped in and took over teaching in their classrooms, having prepared the material ahead of time.
Shadow Teaching® is an important aspect of the learning process in SABIS® Network schools around the world. Students who excel in certain subjects are encouraged to be Shadow Teachers®, assisting the teacher by taking the lead in teaching the material in the classroom after proper training and preparation. Participation as Shadow Teachers® encourages students to take an active role in the education of their peers. In addition, Shadow Teachers® help ensure a smooth flow throughout the academic year as they can be readily called upon to assist a substitute teacher in the event of a regular teacher’s absence
At Sardam International School, Shadow Teachers® prepared for the So You Think You Can Teach event by studying the material to be taught in Arabic, English, mathematics, and science with the help of their teachers. On the day of the event, Shadow Teachers® stood up in front of their peers and taught the classes under the close observation of their subject teachers and Sardam’s administrative staff.
To learn more about Sardam International School, a member of the global SABIS® Network, visit pppsardam.sabis.net/sardam. Stay up-to-date with the latest news in the SABIS® Network on Twitter at SABIS_EDUCATION.