- ISC-Choueifat Students Shine at Model Arab League in Washington D.C.
- ISC-Sulaimani Awarded Status of CIE Examination Center
- FMIS Students Recognized in Global Writing Competition
- ISC-Khalifa City Student is the Youngest U.A.E. Resident to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- ISC-Muscat Student Represents his School at Math Olympiad
- Fairy Tale Comes to Life at SIS-Adma
- ISC-Choueifat Students Perform Popular Musical “Annie”
- Alumni & Shadow Teachers® Save the Day
- Sardam International School Students Visit AUK
- ISC-Lahore Makes a Difference in its Community
- Students Dress Up as Their Favorite Book Character at ISC-Amman
- SABIS® School El-Metn Welcomes GBC-Education Delegation
- ISC-Dubai Celebrates Cultural Day
- ISC-Doha Student Earns Highest Mark in Qatar on IGCSE Exam
- Students Promote SABIS® On-Demand Tutoring at ISC-Erbil
- ISC-Abu Dhabi Student Wins Big at International Gymnastics Meet
- ISC-Lahore Launches SABIS® E-Books
- Kalar International School Students Learn Valuable First Aid Skills
- So You Think You Can Teach Event at Sardam International School
- Students Learn about Road Safety at Zakho International School
Kalar International School Students Learn Valuable First Aid Skills
At Kalar International School, a SABIS® Public-Private Partnership (PPP) school in Kurdistan, Iraq, the SABIS Student Life Organization® (SLO®) Sports & Health Department organized a first aid workshop for Grade 2-3 students and their teachers. On December 12, 2015, the SLO® invited a medical doctor from the Kalar Emergency Hospital to come to the school and teach students and teachers some important skills that could help them save a life!
Fifty (50) students participated in the workshop, spending the morning with the doctor learning the importance of first aid through a number of demonstrations. The workshop included Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – a first aid technique that can be used if someone is not breathing properly or if their heart has stopped – various recovery positions, and what to do if someone is choking. The students were very attentive during the presentation and enjoyed learning about first aid in an engaging and fun way. “It was a great activity where I learned how to perform first aid on for someone who needs help,” said one of the students.
Following the presentation, the Grade 2 and 3 students put their knowledge to the test. SLO® prefects divided the students into groups and gave them the opportunity to practice what they learned on one another. Each group had one student simulating an emergency situation, and the rest of the group practicing first aid techniques on him/her.
Parents were happy that their children had the chance to learn such valuable skills. “It was a very important activity and I thank the school and SLO® for providing the students with this great opportunity of learning about first aid,” said one parent.
Kalar International School, like all SABIS® PPP schools, teaches students valuable skills that prepare them for life and help them achieve success.