- SICS Students Witness History
- Competition Heats Up among SABIS® U.S. Public Charter Schools
- ISM Students Give Back to the Community
- Ashwicke Hall Students Win Second Place in Football Tournament
- CSB Wins 3rd Place in Football Tournament for International Schools
- MAIA Marching Band Wins First Place at Two State Band Competitions
- MAIA Receives Mayerson Academy Grant
- CSB Student Wins 2016 European DNA Day Essay Contest
- CSB Students Win First and Second Place at the International Schools Talent Show
- ISM students participate in “A Vous La Parole” Annual French Speaking Contest
- SICS Student Wins 2016 Ultimate Prom Contest
- Young LPCS Students Discover Joy of Reading
- SIS-Phoenix Celebrates International Night
- The Cambridge School of Bucharest Celebrates Victory at La Voie Royal Semi-Marathon
- ISF STUDENTS WIN BIG AT 2015 GISST SWIMMING TOURNAMENT
- MAIA Receives FLY Grant
- ISF Celebrates Diwali
- ISF Celebrates 20th Anniversary with 6th Annual Run-A-Thon
- SICS HOLDS SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE FAIR
SICS HOLDS SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE FAIR
The SABIS® International Charter School (SICS) in Springfield, Massachusetts, kicked off the 2014-15 academic year on a high note by holding its largest college fair to date. On September 8, 2014, representatives from 82 colleges and universities across the U.S. met with students in grades 9 through 12.
Guided by a college-preparatory mission, SISC holds the annual college to provide an opportunity for students to learn more about options available to them for post-secondary education.
“At SICS, we encourage our students to take their education very seriously and support and guide them through the college application process,” said Ms. Kathleen Joyce, a guidance counselor at SICS. “Inviting students as of Grade 9 to attend the college fair encourages them to start thinking about their plans for college and meet with admissions counsellors from a host of colleges.”
SICS School Director, Ms. Karen Reuter, was pleased with the outcome of the fair. “This year’s college fair was a huge success,” said Ms. Reuter. “By scheduling our fair early on in the academic year, we put our students in the right frame of mind to start seriously thinking about their plans for the future.”
Currently in its 20th year of operation, SICS has built a solid track record of success. The school recently celebrated the graduation of its 1,000th student, all of whom have earned acceptances to college or university. Helping to make the cost of their college studies more accessible, seniors in the Class of 2013 earned more than $11.7 in college scholarships.
SICS is a member of the global SABIS® School Network, which educates close to 65,000 students in schools located in 15 countries.
For more information about SICS, visit sics-SABIS.net. To view the coverage of the event on the local News Channel ABC 40, visit http://bit.ly/1nLEYyE