- SICS Students Witness History
- Competition Heats Up among SABIS® U.S. Public Charter Schools
- ISM Students Give Back to the Community
- Ashwicke Hall Students Win Second Place in Football Tournament
- CSB Wins 3rd Place in Football Tournament for International Schools
- MAIA Marching Band Wins First Place at Two State Band Competitions
- MAIA Receives Mayerson Academy Grant
- CSB Student Wins 2016 European DNA Day Essay Contest
- CSB Students Win First and Second Place at the International Schools Talent Show
- ISM students participate in “A Vous La Parole” Annual French Speaking Contest
- SICS Student Wins 2016 Ultimate Prom Contest
- Young LPCS Students Discover Joy of Reading
- SIS-Phoenix Celebrates International Night
- The Cambridge School of Bucharest Celebrates Victory at La Voie Royal Semi-Marathon
- ISF STUDENTS WIN BIG AT 2015 GISST SWIMMING TOURNAMENT
- MAIA Receives FLY Grant
- ISF Celebrates Diwali
- ISF Celebrates 20th Anniversary with 6th Annual Run-A-Thon
- SICS HOLDS SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE FAIR
ISF Celebrates 20th Anniversary with 6th Annual Run-A-Thon
In celebration of its 20th year in operation, ISF Internationale Schule Frankfurt-Rhein-Main has scheduled a year of events highlighting the anniversary theme. The ISF Run-A-Thon, an annual event that recently took place for the sixth year running, drew on the anniversary theme and included more than 120 students, parents, and staff.
On Wednesday, September 24, 2014, more than 120 runners participated in the run-a-thon, earning money from sponsors for each lap they completed. An ISF 7th grader won the prize for collecting the most money – EUR 273 – and an ISF 2nd grader won the prize for completing the most laps – 14 or 5.2 KM/3.2 miles. In total, participants raised over EUR 1400.
This year’s run-a-thon featured more than just something for runners. Guests in attendance enjoyed smoothies served at a smoothie bar and food from a BBQ stand sponsored by the school’s caterer, Sodexho, which donated the profits of more than EUR 1000. Further entertainment included raffle prizes, a student’s band, sponge-throwing, penalty shooting, and a fireworks display.
Proceeds from this event will be split between the Kenya Project, an ISF project that supports a school in Chitsanze, Kenya, and the Student Philanthropic Foundation, which supports the education of children in the poorest regions of South America and South Asia.
For more information about ISF, a member of the SABIS® Network, visit isf-sabis.net.