- SICS Students Witness History
- Competition Heats Up among SABIS® U.S. Public Charter Schools
- ISM Students Give Back to the Community
- Ashwicke Hall Students Win Second Place in Football Tournament
- CSB Wins 3rd Place in Football Tournament for International Schools
- MAIA Marching Band Wins First Place at Two State Band Competitions
- MAIA Receives Mayerson Academy Grant
- CSB Student Wins 2016 European DNA Day Essay Contest
- CSB Students Win First and Second Place at the International Schools Talent Show
- ISM students participate in “A Vous La Parole” Annual French Speaking Contest
- SICS Student Wins 2016 Ultimate Prom Contest
- Young LPCS Students Discover Joy of Reading
- SIS-Phoenix Celebrates International Night
- The Cambridge School of Bucharest Celebrates Victory at La Voie Royal Semi-Marathon
- ISF STUDENTS WIN BIG AT 2015 GISST SWIMMING TOURNAMENT
- MAIA Receives FLY Grant
- ISF Celebrates Diwali
- ISF Celebrates 20th Anniversary with 6th Annual Run-A-Thon
- SICS HOLDS SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE FAIR
ISM students participate in “A Vous La Parole” Annual French Speaking Contest
On Thursday, April 28, 2016, students from The International School of Minnesota (ISM) participated in the annual “A Vous La Parole” French speaking contest held at the University of Minnesota.
Twenty-three (23) ISM middle and high school students participated in this contest, which included a total of 1,244 students in grades 7-12. The various contest categories included prose and poetry recitations, theater presentations, song performances, original skits, extemporaneous reading, and extemporaneous conversation.
All contestants were given ratings based on a four-star system with four stars earning them a blue medal (excellent), three stars earning a red medal (very good), and two stars earning a white medal (good). Nineteen (19) of the 23 ISM students earned medals: 8 blue medals, 9 red, and 2 whites.
This event is sponsored annually by the Minnesota Chapter of the American Association of Teachers of French with the support of the University of Minnesota Department of French and Italian. The event is open to students of French in grades 7 through 12 accompanied by their teachers and/or representatives.
While English is the language of instruction in SABIS® Network schools, all students also study a world language, which helps them develop a global perspective. For more on ISM, visit www.ism.sabis.net. For more on the Annual French Speaking Contest AVLP, visit mnaatf.org/2.htm.