- ISC-Choueifat Students Shine at Model Arab League in Washington D.C.
- ISC-Sulaimani Awarded Status of CIE Examination Center
- FMIS Students Recognized in Global Writing Competition
- ISC-Khalifa City Student is the Youngest U.A.E. Resident to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- ISC-Muscat Student Represents his School at Math Olympiad
- Fairy Tale Comes to Life at SIS-Adma
- ISC-Choueifat Students Perform Popular Musical “Annie”
- Alumni & Shadow Teachers® Save the Day
- Sardam International School Students Visit AUK
- ISC-Lahore Makes a Difference in its Community
- Students Dress Up as Their Favorite Book Character at ISC-Amman
- SABIS® School El-Metn Welcomes GBC-Education Delegation
- ISC-Dubai Celebrates Cultural Day
- ISC-Doha Student Earns Highest Mark in Qatar on IGCSE Exam
- Students Promote SABIS® On-Demand Tutoring at ISC-Erbil
- ISC-Abu Dhabi Student Wins Big at International Gymnastics Meet
- ISC-Lahore Launches SABIS® E-Books
- Kalar International School Students Learn Valuable First Aid Skills
- So You Think You Can Teach Event at Sardam International School
- Students Learn about Road Safety at Zakho International School
Alumni & Shadow Teachers® Save the Day
On the first day of school after the winter break, ISC-Erbil found itself in a sticky situation. A number of teachers and staff who had gone home for the break were unable to make it back to Kurdistan as their flights had been grounded due to bad weather conditions in the region. Fortunately, ISC-Erbil alumni and Shadow Teachers® were able to step in and save the day.
“We decided to contact our alumni to ask them to step in and help,” explained Stephan Kleynhans, ISC-Erbil School Director. “Every single alumnus responded to our call and turned up at school to offer their help. As former students, they are very knowledgeable about the SABIS® Educational System™ and the course content.”
The ISC-Erbil alumni were fully supported by Shadow Teachers®, who played an important role in assisting and guiding them on the material that needed to be covered during the lesson. As a result, English, social studies, and math lessons in KG1, Grade 1, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 9, and Grade 10 ran smoothly and on schedule!
“Our alumni and Shadow Teachers® did an amazing job and exceeded all our expectations,” commented Kleynhans. “This was a truly inspiring experience that shows the strength of the collaborative spirit and commitment to giving back that exists in our school community.”
For more on ISC-Erbil, visit iscerbil.sabis.net.